Updated: XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-31

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Jan 5 20:39:00 GMT 2004

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Andrew Braverman wrote:
>

>>I just tried running this version and it crashes.  I get a normal looking
>>stuff at the beginning of the XWin.log file and then get one line telling
>>me:
>>	winClipboardWindowProc - WM_DRAWCLIPBOARD - Initializing - Returning.
>>Then I get 64K + lines (total size of log file is 65072 lines) of:
>>	winProcSetSelectionOwner - We changed ownership, aborting.
>>
>>Does anyone have any ideas?
>

> Noticed this too. It happend after sever reset.

Here is a dumb question: if the clipboard client is attached, how did
you cause a server reset?  Is there a way to force the server to reset
when there are clients still attached?  I need to be able to do this in
order to test my fix... and it sounds like there is a way to do this,
since I don't think it could happen automatically.