fatal IO error 104 on start

Greg Jewell gjewell@cnnxn.com
Tue Jan 6 00:24:00 GMT 2004

Thanks for the tip.  Looking at the log file, it appears that this is the pertinent error message:

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'
winDeinitClipboard - Noting shutdown in progress
winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress

Any ideas?  I installed the default XFree86 packages.

Greg