XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-33 tests

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Thu Jan 8 09:01:00 GMT 2004

I redid the tests under -33:

Here are the tests I did that all worked fine:

- Copy piece of text under Linux, paste in Windows.
- Copy openoffice formula under Linux, paste in Linux
- Copy openoffice cell range under Linux, paste in Linux Evolution HTML
email
- Copy norwegian letters from Windows, paste in Linux

This sequence now works!

1. Copy cell range under Linux openoffice
2. Copy text under Windows
3. Paste using scrolling wheel under Linux -> text shows
4. Paste in Evolution HTML email under Linux using ctrl-v openoffice
cell range -> text pasted

This still fails:

- Copy Norwegian letters from evolution email, paste under Windows.
Paste in Windows shows "\x{00D8}\x{00C5}\x{00C6}"

Inconclusive:

- I've had a problem in the past that when I specify the -clipboard
option, XWin.exe will sometimes crash with a NULL pointer access
violation. This sometimes happened during normal operation, but more
often when I exited XWin.exe via the taskbar icon. After about 10-15
minutes of testing, I haven't been able to reproduce this problem.

Øyvind