Configuration for multiple monitors

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Jan 8 18:12:00 GMT 2004

Øyvind,

Give a man a fish, he eats for one day.  Teach a man to fish...

Source is viewable here:

http://pdx.freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin/?cvsroot=xorg&only_with_tag=CYGWIN

Do the following:

1) Look at winprocarg.c/winInitializeDefaultScreens

2) Change the line:
	g_ScreenInfo[i].fMultipleMonitors = FALSE;
    to:
	g_ScreenInfo[i].fMultipleMonitors = TRUE;

3) Look at winprocarg.c/ddxProcessArgument

4) Find the section that starts with:
   /*
    * Look for the '-multiplemonitors' argument
    */

5) Add a similar section for -nomultimonitors and -nomultiplemonitors
that sets the flag to FALSE instead of to TRUE.

6) Pull the CVS tree following the instructions here:
	http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/server/

7) Make your changes as above.

8) Run 'cvs -z3 diff -up > multi-monitor.diff' in hw/xwin and send in
the patch.

9) I will compile it for you and post it in the next release.  If you
want to compile it yourself, check the Contributor's Guide (mind you, it
references the XFree86.org CVS tree, which has been replaced with
freedesktop.org for us):

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/cg/prog-build-native.html

Harold