XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-38 Request for Test Results

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Jan 12 16:31:00 GMT 2004

Walter,

Walter Haidinger wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>

>>Walter,
>>
>>I have not localized the error messages to German.  Did you translate
>>that yourself or are you running some other person's compilation of
>>XWin.exe?
>

> No, I've _not_ done any localization - I've copied the line "as is" and
> I've downloaded -38 using setup.exe from mirror ftp.univie.ac.at today.
>
> Please note that the error message is mixed english/german. Perhaps the
> trailing part originates from German Windows XP? Just a guess, though.

Oops, you are right.  We query Win32 for the error message; that part is
in German.

> In fact, there is no other errline but the one below after the X-Server
> logs that it has started up:

I still need to see the XWin.log to make sure that the clipboard client
started properly.  I am waiting to release until I solve your problem,
so please send it soon.