internet required?

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Jan 12 21:05:00 GMT 2004

Yes, it probably is a Zone Alarm problem.  Anything that effects the IP
stack on Windows can potentially cause problems and/or slow downs in the
performance of Cygwin/X.  Have you tried disabling Zone Alarm?

It is interesting that Zone Alarm is having trouble distinquishing
between connections to the local machine (127.0.0.1) vs. the actual
internet (!127.0.0.1).

Harold