Thanks and a question

Greg Freemyer freemyer-ml@NorcrossGroup.com
Tue Jan 13 20:16:00 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 14:45, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Greg Freemyer wrote:
>
> > Harold,
> >
> > Your work on the clipboard with xdmcp capability is greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > >From my minimal testing it works great.
> >
> > Now that the startup batch script can be simplified to a one liner, I
> > want to directly invoke "Xwin -query" from my desktop without first
> > launching a bash console.
> >
> > ie. I currently launch a bash script, then run my batch script.  It
> > would be nice to instead just double click an icon on my desktop.
> >
> > I have setup a shortcut to XWin.exe on my desktop, but it is not
> > working.
> >
> > Currently I am getting an error about a missing DLL.  Unfortunately I
> > need dlls from both /cygwin/bin and /cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin, so just
> > changing the startup directory is not quite enough.
> >
> > Is there a recommended way to get this to work?
> >
> > ie. Adding a shortcut (or a cygwin hardlink) to the cygcygipc-2.dll in
> > X11R6/bin
> >
> > Thanks Again
> > Greg
>
> Greg,
>
> Just add both c:/cygwin/bin and c:/cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin to the end of your
> Windows PATH variable.
> 	Igor

Thanks Igor,

It worked great, and Harold this just seems cleaner than the approach
you gave.  This way the windows shortcut is pointing directly at
XWin.exe and there is no excess overhead associated with starting a bash
shell up.

If anyone cares, the PATH variable for Win2K is set by
    right clicking 'my computer'
    properties
    advanced tab
    environment variables