xfig and mwm problems ...

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Tue Jan 13 22:32:00 GMT 2004

The man has a point: I just tried to duplicate the problem and succeeded
in duplicating the problem :)

Okay, the reason this problem exists is due to the stupid VendorShell
that is used by Xt.  LessTif overrides VendorShell with its own and we
had to write a hack to make this work on Cygwin/X.

Unfortunately, Xaw3d also overrides the VendorShell with its own
version.  However, it appears that I got a little too busy right around
the time that I was going to release a patched Xaw3d library... I have
the updated version built in my local tree, but I never finished testing
it or releasing it. :)  I just tested the fix and it solves your problem.

Thanks for putting up with a forgetful developer... I had this email all
typed up, explaing how there might be a problem since Xaw3d and LessTif
both override the VendorShell.  Then I thought that I had better confirm
that Xaw3d had actually been released with that fix; it hadn't, so I had
to rewrite the whole email.  :)

Xaw3d-1.5D-5 is coming soon to a mirror near you and will fix your
problem with xfig and mwm.

Harold