Grace (xmgrace) 5.1.12-1 graph program -- building under cygwin -- possibly LessTif bug from 0.93.91 ?

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Jan 16 05:19:00 GMT 2004

Robert,

Atwood, Robert C wrote:

> Dear Harold and others:
>
> lesstif is the stock version. Also, I reinstalled all my Cygwin earlier
> today.
>

> $cygcheck -c lesstif
> Package	Version	Status
> lesstif	0.93.91-5	OK
>

> Comparing the backtrace from this problem and the other problem, it
> really looks like the same bug to me. Can the 'stock' lesstif be updated
> to 0.93.94? I thought I had seen the last of that bug a couple of months
> ago :~O

Well, it wasn't simple.  In fact, it took about 8 hours; granted,
probably 4 of that was for making clean ups that the lesstif package has
needed for a long time.  I built lesstif-0.93.94, but it doesn't work
well.  nedit crashes when opening file dialogs.  I'm trying a rebuild of
it now to see if having 0.93.91 installed while building 0.93.94 was
causing problems.

The alternative solution I came up with was to apply the patch for the
bug number you listed to my 0.93.91 source.  That seems to be stable.
However, you'll have to report whether it fixes your bug or not.

I am going to post my 0.93.94 package as a 'test' release, even if it
does not work.  I will do this so that others can download the source
package and see if they can get it to work.  I am not going to look into
it any further.  If someone gets it working and sends me clean patches,
I will release it.  If not, I won't release it.  We will just have to
wait until their is another clean lesstif release that happens to be
stable on Cygwin and with nedit.

Hope that helps,