Patch: -multiplemonitors is default, -nomultiplemnoitors added

Earle F. Philhower III earle@ziplabel.com
Fri Jan 16 05:40:00 GMT 2004

Hi Harold, Ayvind...
At 12:45 PM 1/15/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks, got it.  Will look at it soon.
>Harold
>Øyvind Harboe wrote:
>>Ref. earlier post, here is the patch.
>>http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2004-01/msg00160.html
>>I compiled&tested; works on my rocket.

This is just my $0.02, but instead of changing the default behaviour
for non-multi window mode, why not just patch only the mode that
doesn't work properly in a multihead machine, multiwindow?  Folks
running single window on a multihead setup are probably doing it
for a good reason (i.e. left monitor=X, right=Windows) and would need
to change their startup scripts...

Unfortunately I don't have a working compile setup for the new XWIN .40
or I'd give the patch, but basically use everything Ayvind did except the
MultiMonitor mode value change, move that setting into the
if (ISOPTION("multiwindow")) {} block.

-Earle F. Philhower, III
  earle@ziplabel.com
  cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel