It is that time again

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Jan 16 05:55:00 GMT 2004

It seems that every so often I get a little too caught up in tracking
down people's issues and trying to make every aspect of Cygwin/X as good
as I can make it.  When this happens I usually find myself spending more
time on the project than I really want to and I usually find that I am
spending a very small portion of that time doing what I like to do the
most: designing and implementing new features.

My typical response to this is to take a hiatus from the mailing list
for a week or two... or sometimes three.  That is what I am going to do
now.  I have some interviews coming up (I get my M.S. in CS in May),
deadlines at work, first homeworks of the semester, LinuxWorld, and I am
currently sick with a cold or the flu, so I will be plenty busy.

What this means for Cygwin/X
(until I rejoin).

3) If you send a patch to the list, be sure to ping me in
irc.freenode.net/#cygwinx.

4) I will probably continue making XWin Server releases while I am off
list.  In fact, I have a release almost ready to go already.

5) I'll be back somewhere between a week from now and a few weeks from
now.  I'm not leaving the project, I am just cutting my email volume for
a bit.

6) Please, only Cygwin/X contributors send me private email.  Please do
not take it upon yourself to contact me (should a reason arise) if you
have not submitted an accepted patch to Cygwin/X before.  The whole
mailing list is not invited to a sleepover in my inbox. :)

I guess that is it for now.  See you when I return from my e-vacation!