Grace (xmgrace) 5.1.12-1 graph program -- building under cygwin -- possibly LessTif bug from 0.93.91 ?

Volker Quetschke quetschke@scytek.de
Fri Jan 16 16:35:00 GMT 2004

Atwood, Robert C wrote:

> Sorry, I guess you missed the more detailed description, gdb backtraces,
> etc? I shouldn't have change the subject to BACKTRACE:

Yes, I realized that after I send the mail.

> When certain dialog boxes are opened, including (but not only)
> 'Plot|Axis properties ...' the program crashes.
> Opening some other boxes eg 'Plot|Plot appearance ... ' does not cause
> the crash.
> Double-clicking the axis causes the crash.
Yes, reproducable. I'll send another mail to cygwin-apps and withdraw
the 5.14.1 version.

> The console in which it was running reports that it got SIGSYS  and says
> it may have something to do with the graphic (but I think that is
> because the signal numbers are different? GDB says it gets SIGSEGV
> segmentation fault)
>
> The back trace with 5-1-12-1 rebuilt with debug (-g) is copied below.
> But LessTif seems not to have been build with -g and I am having trouble
> building this myself.
>
> The same behaviour occurs with the new 5-1-14 package and the new
> LessTif-0-93-91-6 , so my guess that it was the same bug in XGetCValues
> that I encountered in November may be totally wrong.
>
> Which LessTif did you install and get it to work? Did you try opening
> some dialog boxes or just start the test routine? The test routine works
> because it never opens those dialog boxes.

I used the 0.93-91-5 version, installed with setup. I'm not sure that
I will find the time over the weekend, but if yes, I'll try to build
debug versions for both progamms.

Volker

--
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D