win-ssh-askpass not working.

Steve Howie showie@uoguelph.ca
Fri Jan 23 14:07:00 GMT 2004

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>

>>On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Alexander Gottwald wrote:
>>
>>IIUC, that's exactly what the "setsid" command is intended to accomplish.
>>You can also try using bash's "disown" builtin.
>>

>Great. This worked!
>
>#!/bin/bash
>export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0
>export SSH_ASKPASS="/usr/bin/win-ssh-askpass.exe"
>setsid ssh -f -X <host> -l <username> "/opt/SAS82/sas"
>
>But You'll need the setsid package (install it with cygwin setup).
>
>bye
>	ago

And it worked for me too!!

Thanks guys

p.s. in order to roll out this great product to our faculty, staff and
students (many of whom are less than computer-savvy), is there a way of
packaging up set of packages (just the base, Xfree and a couple of misc.
packages such as setsid above) so they can download from a local
repository?  Sorta like a download profile for setup.exe?

Scotty