Redrawing problems with MSVDM

William Conrad Halliburton will@licentiae.com
Mon Jan 26 14:20:00 GMT 2004

I am using Microsoft Virtual Desktop Manager under XP with the latest cygwin.

XWin -multiwindow

When switching back to a desktop with a window from the XServer the window
will often not refresh and is drawn completly blank.  There was a previous
message in October on this list with no resolution.

This seems to only occur when there are multiple windows. I have not had
any problems with only the original xterm running.

I am reduced to only using one xterm and would like to graduate to using
the cygwin X11 version of emacs.

I am willing to debug if given pointers. I would also switch virtual
desktop manages if there is a replacement.

Thank you,
William Halliburton