xfree and windows XP home version

Robert Tramel tennman@mchsi.com
Sat Jan 31 23:47:00 GMT 2004

Hi

Hopefully  per Brian Ford's suggestions this will be more helpful

This time I've attached the requested cygcheck.out file.

The problem is that under I open a bash shell, and then cd into the
/usr/X11R6/bin directory.
I have tried using both the startx as well as the startxwin.bat commands.

when I run startxwin.bat I get the following message

startxwin.bat - Starting on Windows NT/2000/XP/2003. I see the X symbol
appear at the bottom left corner of the display but that is it no
xwindow pops up. I have tried the alt-tab combo and the X window never
appears as an option.

With startx the situation is slightly better in that an full screen
seized X window appears but the system never clears the windows
icons/background etc. out of the X window. Also the hourglass never goes
away. I can toggle between applications using alt-tab sequence but
nothing ever changes in the X window.

In both cases the X application does not respond to the system when I
attempt to shut down/restart the system.

Hope this helps

thanks

Robert Tramel