Error while trying to run startx which in turn is trying to start fvwm2

Arturus Magi sailorleo@hotpop.com
Fri Jul 2 03:33:00 GMT 2004

Narayan Moni wrote:

> XWin was started with the following command line:
>
> X :0 -multiwindow -clipboard

-multiwindow has an internal WindowManager that maps X-11 calls to
Windows GDI calls.  If you want to use fvwm2, try editing startx to call
X with -rootless instead (or without either flag if you want to see the
X-11 root window).

I not sure if this is the actual error you're seeing, though.  It looks
to me like X is dying before fvwm is called.