xorg single window mode issue

Nate Schindler nate@riconcorp.com
Fri Jul 2 22:21:00 GMT 2004

I duplicated this issue on 2000 server, but the following logs are from the 2003 box.
I'm trying a minimal install on the 2000 machine next - just enough to run X, instead of the full installation i'm currently using.
I'm thinking that starting from the beginning may help. :)

Thanks!

__________________________

XWin -nodecoration:

Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 6.7.0.0-10

Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command line:

/usr/X11R6/bin/XWin -logverbose 100 -nodecoration

ddxProcessArgument - Initializing default screens
winInitializeDefaultScreens - w 1280 h 1024
winInitializeDefaultScreens - Returning
OsVendorInit - Creating bogus screen 0
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
winValidateArgs - g_iNumScreens: 1 iMaxConsecutiveScreen: 1
winValidateArgs - Returning.
(II) XF86Config is not supported
(II) See http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html for more information
winDetectSupportedEngines - Windows NT/2000/XP
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - Returning, supported engines 00000007
winScreenInit - dwWidth: 1280 dwHeight: 1024
winSetEngine - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking
winAdjustVideoModeShadowDDNL - Using Windows display depth of 32 bits per pixel
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed - User w: 1280 h: 1024
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed - Current w: 1280 h: 1024
winAdjustForAutoHide - Original WorkArea: 0 0 1024 1280
winAdjustForAutoHide - Taskbar is auto hide
winAdjustForAutoHide - Found BOTTOM auto-hide taskbar
winAdjustForAutoHide - Adjusted WorkArea: 0 0 1023 1280
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed - WindowClient w 1280 h 1023 r 1280 l 0 b 1023 t 0
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed -  Returning
winCreatePrimarySurfaceShadowDDNL - Creating primary surface
winCreatePrimarySurfaceShadowDDNL - Created primary surface
winCreatePrimarySurfaceShadowDDNL - Attached clipper to primary surface
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL - lPitch: 5120
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL - Created shadow pitch: 5120
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL - Created shadow stride: 1280
winFinishScreenInitFB - Masks: 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff
winInitVisualsShadowDDNL - Masks 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff BPRGB 8 d 24 bpp 32
winRandRInit ()
winCreateDefColormap - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
winFinishScreenInitFB - returning
winScreenInit - returning
InitOutput - Returning.
MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernel support
XFree86-Bigfont extension local-client optimization disabled due to lack of shared memory support in the kernel
(--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31
(--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "00000409" (00000409)
(EE) Keyboardlayout "US" (00000409) is unknown
Rules = "xorg" Model = "pc101" Layout = "us" Variant = "(null)" Options = "(null)"
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from list!
winPointerWarpCursor - Discarding first warp: 640 511
winBlockHandler - Releasing pmServerStarted
winBlockHandler - pthread_mutex_unlock () returned
ddxBeforeReset - Hello
winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress

__________________________

XWin:

[...]

winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed - WindowClient w 1274 h 998 r 1274 l 0 b 998 t 0
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed -  Returning
winCreatePrimarySurfaceShadowDDNL - Creating primary surface
winCreatePrimarySurfaceShadowDDNL - Created primary surface
winCreatePrimarySurfaceShadowDDNL - Attached clipper to primary surface
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL - lPitch: 5096
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL - Created shadow pitch: 5096
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL - Created shadow stride: 1274
winFinishScreenInitFB - Masks: 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff
winInitVisualsShadowDDNL - Masks 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff BPRGB 8 d 24 bpp 32
winRandRInit ()
winCreateDefColormap - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
winFinishScreenInitFB - returning
winScreenInit - returning
InitOutput - Returning.
MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernel support
XFree86-Bigfont extension local-client optimization disabled due to lack of shared memory support in the kernel
(--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31
(--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "00000409" (00000409)
(EE) Keyboardlayout "US" (00000409) is unknown
Rules = "xorg" Model = "pc101" Layout = "us" Variant = "(null)" Options = "(null)"
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from list!
winPointerWarpCursor - Discarding first warp: 637 499