logitech mx-900 middle button

Jeffrey J. Gray jgray@jhu.edu
Wed Jul 14 20:57:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

has anyone been able to get the logitech mx900 mouse to pass the middle
button (or any of the other buttons besides 1 and 3) to cygwin/xfree?  I
see an old post in 2002 saying that some logitech drivers offered a
'middle button' setting, but on my Logitech/Setpoint utility there are
terribly few options, and the default 'autoscroll' only intermittantly
passes button 2 through--I can't figure out the pattern of when it
works, and usually it doesn't.  Another alternative might be to map a
keycode to a button (I can use Setpoint to map the button to a key, and
that key is passed to cygwin/Xfree), but I don't think xmodmap can do
this.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Jeff