2 instances of Xwin

Holger Krull holger.krull@gmx.de
Mon Jul 19 18:07:00 GMT 2004

>>Now my question would be how to get Xwin running without -from parameter ?
>

> If you use it without -from parameter there must either be a message in the
> logfile about xdm giving up (sesssion declined error) or some message at the
> xdm server. You'll have to wait a short time until the timeout happens.

I'm not sure if this applys here, but:
i found that my xdm variant here (kdm) has the option SourceAdress. Setting this to true solved my need for -from.

[Xdmcp]
# Whether KDM should listen to XDMCP requests. Default is true.
Enable=true
# Use the numeric IP address of the incoming connection instead of the
# host name. Use this on multihomed hosts. Default is false
SourceAddress=true