How to delete old cygwin directories on W2K?

Don V Black groups@ComputerBums.com
Fri Jul 30 07:02:00 GMT 2004

I can take ownership of the directories,
but no of the 'Shortcut's within the directories.
I get the message
"You only have permission to view the current security information on
<filename>"

Note I can nly view, not change any security.  It seems that "S-1-5-21-1844
... "
is the owner of the 'Shortcuts'.

- Don

At 03:54 PM 7/29/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>If you are logged on as administrator, can you take ownership of these
>directories?
>
>After you own them, you should be able to remove them.
>
>Dan