Start XTerm without DOS Window

Holger Krull holger.krull@gmx.de
Thu Jun 3 09:49:00 GMT 2004

> a batch file that will start up XTerm for me - however it leaves a DOS
> window for each XTerm that I have running and I would like for it to not
> do this.

Look at the thread
6.7.0.0 XWin w/out -nodecoration running in background doesn't display
anything

> I do this i get the message saying that the system cannot find the
> cygwin.dll.

Maybe you need a nested call like in:
E:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -c -l 'run bash -c -l "CYGWIN=server Xwin.exe
-query murpel -fp tcp/murpel:7100 -dpi 100 -clipboard -notrayicon  -once
&" '

or add the cygwin dirs to your Windows path.