Installation problem: Setup Wizard suggestion

Terje J. Hanssen terje@nordland-teknikk.no
Sat Jun 5 19:44:00 GMT 2004

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
>
> > Therefore I would suggest the following easy,
> > known and simplyfied selections on a first setup wizard:
> >
> > o Minimum installation
> > o Typical installation
> > o Custom installation
> >
> > o Minimum installation could include the minimum requiered cygwin&x
> > packages to run remote sessions via XDMCP (which I would guess most
> > often is the need for the Windows users to use X).
> >
> > o Typical could be minimum plus more recommended packages/tools to run
> > cygwin&X.
> >

> Cygwin/X is designed to be installed with the cygwin installer. We
> will not
> provide an extra installer. For reasons see the discussion in the mailing
> list archives.

I see. Yet, maybe a revised proposal (wish) to forward to the developer
of the cygwin installer, would be three selections on the top bar of the
cygwin installer wizard?:

o Cygwin/X    o Minimum   o Typical

Terje J. Hanssen