window manager

Chris W 1qazse4@cox.net
Wed Jun 16 23:18:00 GMT 2004

Brian Ford wrote:

>>What I want is to be able to change colors and font sizes on the fly and
>>

>AFAIK, font sizes are application specific and have nothing to do with the
>window manager.
>
>I'm not sure what you mean by colors.  You mean like the Windows desktop
>themes?

I meant the xterm background and text colors, I guess that doesn't
really have anything to do with the window manager.

>>some way of opening more windows or other x applications with a menu of
>>some kind.
>>

>Is Start->All Programs->Cygwin-X not sufficient?  You want a real X window
>manager instead of the Windows one?

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of linux windows managers.
The instation didn't create a Cygwin-X entry in my start menu and I'm
not sure how to add one.  I can add the startxwin.bat but I can only run
that once and when I try and create a shortcut to xterm.exe it just
exits  right after it loads.

--
Chris W

Bring Back the HP 15C
http://hp15c.org

Not getting the gifts you want?  The Wish Zone can help.
http://thewishzone.com