conflict (Was Re: gv)

Thomas Dickey dickey@his.com
Sat Jun 19 10:04:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 10:45:07PM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> > > Ok, a couple of stumbles so far:
> > > - The tarball is named "conflict.tar.gz" -- it would be easier if it were
> > >   named "conflict-20040327.tar.gz"...  Not a biggie, though.
> >
> > The webpage links to conflict.tar.gz (so I don't have to edit it).
> > But the ftp area has both names.
>
> Great, got it.

ok (small programs I generally leave an older version for a while on ftp
in case someone has a package with a fixed version number).

> > > - The "make install" rule should install into ${DESTDIR}${exec_prefix},
> > >   not ${exec_prefix} (same goes for manpages, etc).  I can do a quick and
> > >   dirty hack, but what do you think would be the "right" way?
> >
> > I guess I should add $DESTDIR to the makefile.in (thanks for the
> > reminder).
> >
> > > One last thing: are you willing to accept patches?
> > >       Igor
> >
> > yes
>
> In light of the above, how about the attached patch for $DESTDIR? ;-)

looks fine -

> One more thing: "make check" doesn't work when built outside of the source
> directory (the build itself is fine).  I think changing "./run_test.sh" to
> "${srcdir}/run_test.sh" should fix it, but I'm not sure, so I'll leave it
> up to you.  Also, when testing, a file called "conflict" is blindly

ok - I'll review that.  (while I use conflict often, this is the first
time anyone but me has looked at its packaging).

> removed and created in /tmp, and the test itself doesn't seem to work
> under Cygwin (i.e., reports no conflicts).  Could the latter have
> something to do with the .exe extension (just a guess)?  I'll check later.

perhaps - but it might also rely on '.' being in the path.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey@invisible-island.net>
http://invisible-island.net