Cygwin/X crashes when using -clipboard; Win95; switched fromG nome to KDE on linux

Wilks, Dan Dan_Wilks@intuit.com
Mon Jun 28 21:32:00 GMT 2004

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> Jay Smith wrote:
>
> > Hi Alexander,
> >
> > Yes, I did get crashing from "simple cases" (i.e. plain text in a basic
KDE
> > xterm [konsole]).  In a couple cases the crash was within a few seconds
and
> > in other cases I was able to do two or three copy/paste operations
before
> > it crashed.
>
> konsole is different from xterm. konsole most likely uses qt functions for
> clipboard handling. But i doubt this makes any difference.
>
> > I am afraid that I haven't a clue how to track this down myself.
> >
> > Does this error message give you any ideas?
> >     winClipboardErrorHandler - ERROR:
> >         BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
>
> No. Unfortunatly not. This error could result from any x11 call in the
> clipboard thread. I could add more output which at least prints the
> function called but this will only give minor hints. To find the code
> where it fails one would have to debug XWin.
>
> > Does the rest of the log output (in my original post) look correct? Are
> > there any clues there?
> >
> > If this can't be solved, then it may mean that Windows 95 may be no
longer
> > supported for Cygwin/X.

I haven't been watching this entire thread but there is additional logging
code in the sources that I don't think have made it into an official
release.  Also, I did fix a few bugs that could cause a crash when text
was copied from X.  Jay, have you tried building your own XWin32 from
the CVS sources?  If you have, then you could try using -logverbose 3
to get additional clipboard messages.

Dan