Feature request: version report

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Tue Mar 2 15:18:00 GMT 2004

Ed Avis wrote:

> I hope the developers will consider adding the following features to
> make bug reporting easier:
>
> - Version number of the X server printed at the top of XWin.log
>
> - xwinclip --version

Ed,

We must think alike :)  I have just been thinking about how to have our
own version numbers reported by 'xdpyinfo' and possibly other places
(like the log file or an 'About' box).

Regarding xwinclip, you should really be using (XWin -clipboard) as it
now works with Xdmcp connections and it no longer steals ownership of
the selection in X everytime you highlight something in programs like emacs.