XWin -clipboard and xterm focus

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Mar 5 01:08:00 GMT 2004

Peter,

Peter Wisnovsky wrote:
> I updated, and it seems to have removed all the files associated with
> xwinclip, but not replaced them with any working functionality in XWin. So
> now I have NO working clipboard support after this update. The focus problem
> still exists as well. Sigh.

That is precisely what was supposed to happen.  Let me remind you of
something you wrote:

> xinit -- Xwin -clipboard -multiwindow &

You are using the integrated clipboard support, or at least claiming to.
  The integrated clipboard support is a replacement for xwinclip and you
*cannot* use both -clipboard and xwinclip at the same time.  So, you
must have something wrong with your command line.  Check /tmp/XWin.log
to see what command line was used to start XWin.

FYI, the XFree86-xwinclip package was renamed to xwinclip.  You'll
notice that the description of the XFree86-xwinclip package says
"removed package".