XWin -clipboard and xterm focus

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Mar 5 01:11:00 GMT 2004

Peter Wisnovsky wrote:

> [...]

Yup, that mirror was culled from the mirror list some time ago.  There
is a script that removes out of date mirrors, but it wasn't working for
several months in the recent past; we figured this out and it was since
fixed.  However, setup.exe will keep your list of last used mirrors,
regardless of whether they are in the mirror list or not.  It does this
not as a feature, but more as a side effect of the feature that allows
you to point setup.exe to your own mirrors.  It appears that setup.exe
does not distinguish between "mirror that was on mirror list and no
longer is" and "user-added mirror that is not on mirror list".
Obviously, the latter sort should never be removed from the list
automatically, while the former should be removed so that users do not
inadvertantly keep using a stale mirror.  Of course, I will wait
patiently until someone else feels motivated to implment this.