Xwin crashing

James D Below James.Below@grc.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 11 16:16:00 GMT 2004

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a problem where Xwin hangs/locks up while actively using
it(vi,ssh,etc).  When this occurs, the keyboard and mouse are unresponsive
when Cygwin/X is the active desktop. I can Alt-Tab to get back to a windows
desktop.  I have also tried different window managers (twm mwm windowmaker,
even kde) without any success in tracking down the problem.

I have updated my cygwin installation to the current version include
xfree8-xserv version 4.3.0-52.

I'm at a loss to what may be causing this so, I've attached my XWin.log and
the last 100 lines of an "strace -o strace.log xinit /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
-- usr/X11R6/bin/X" for review. I included a ps -ea at the bottom of
strace.log.

I can send in a cygcheck if necessary.

Anyone have any ideas on what may be the culprit or how to troubleshoot
this further?

thanks.