X/Cygwin icon proposal

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Mar 11 21:34:00 GMT 2004

Nahor wrote:

> Alexander Gottwald wrote:
>
>> It was (is) in CVS and I really like it. Even much better than the new
>> one.
>

> Maybe one can add yet-another-option on the commandline and have several
> icons in the exe (or on a special library or whatever). It won't solve
> the problem of the default exe icon but it will solve any the
> taskbar/systray/shortcuts issue.

Well, I don't know about a command-line option (sounds like a reasonable
idea), but I was at least going to preserve the white bordered icon as
the second icon in the file.  That way people could use it for shortcuts
and such.  Also, I think Earle's .XWinrc file may allow you to specify
an alternate icon for the tray and the default icon for each window, so
we may not need a command-line option.  Anyone want to look into this to
confirm or debunk it?