Fontpath and IPC problems when switching from XWin-44 to 54 under latest cygwin

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Mar 12 18:43:00 GMT 2004

4.3.0-45 change log:

# xc/lib/font/fontfile/dirfile.c, encparse.c, fontfile.c - Some more
font path checks. (David Dawes)
# xc/lib/font/fontfile/dirfile.c - Fix an exploitable buffer overflow.
(Greg MacManus (iDEFENSE Labs))

That helps to explain at least part of it... but I don't understand why
the paths were valid before but not valid now.  Anyone care to look into
this?

As for the MIT-SHM support: the current build that I have in preparation
for -55 properly enables/disables MIT-SHM support depending on whehter
ipc-daemon2 is running or not.  I can only assume that my build tree got
messed up at some point.  I did a complete rebuild yesterday so it might
have fixed that bustage.

Harold