x-start-menu-icons doesn't install on a W2K german OS

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Sun Mar 14 04:55:00 GMT 2004

I think I have half of a fix for this (will need it to be tested, the
sooner the better).  The script was using 'cygpath -A -P' to save the
path to the icon folder in a shell variable.  I figured it might be
better to instead pass '-A -P' to mkshortcut directly, since it can
handle those paths; this may avoid the problem entirely, but I won't
know until someone tests it.

There will still be a remaining problem though: icon removal will still
fail.  See, mkshortcut doesn't remove shortcuts, and I don't think there
is a utility in cygutils that does.  So, those that are interested in
this would either have to add a parameter to mkshortcut to have it
remove a shortcut, or they would have to create a new utility based on
mkshortcut (e.g. 'rmshortcut') that would facilitate removal of icons in
non-US locales.

I'll be released X-start-menu-icons-1.1.0-1 shortly.  Please test it and
report as soon as possible.