conflicting file xft-config in XFree86-prog-4.3.0-17 and libXft-2.1.5-1

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Wed Mar 17 03:36:00 GMT 2004

Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

>     Harold> The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution:
>     Harold> *** XFree86-base-4.3.0-5
>     Harold> *** XFree86-bin-4.3.0-16
>     Harold> *** XFree86-etc-4.3.0-10
>     Harold> *** XFree86-nest-4.3.0-7
>     Harold> *** XFree86-prog-4.3.0-17
>     Harold> *** XFree86-vfb-4.3.0-7
>     Harold> *** XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-56
>
> Hi Harold
>
> The following 2 packages XFree86-prog-4.3.0-17 and libXft-2.1.5-1 both
> have a /usr/X11R6/bin/xft-config where the XFree86-prog-4.3.0-17 version
> claims to be version="2.1.0" and the other one version="2.1.4".
>
> Just a heads up.

Thanks for catching this.  I had it fixed in one of my earlier build
scripts but I dropped the patch somewhere along the way.  As for the
version number, I was including a static xft-config from the XFree86
tree which had to be updated by hand.  I changed the build script for
libXft to pre-process this file with sed to replace the version number
and prefix.  Then I noticed that there was already an xft-config.in that
was being preprocessed by configure but not being installed, so I
instead grabbed this script and installed it to /usr/X11R6/bin/ in the
build script; seems to work fine, but please check xft-config for errors
and let me know if it is broken.

This should be fixed now in XFree86-prog-4.3.0-19 and libXft-2.1.5-2.

I was actually hoping to do a full check of the src and bin packages I
made for Cygwin/X and make sure there are no conflicting files between
them.  It would be easy to do, but I haven't had a chance yet.  Does
anyone want to do this for me?  ;)