Clipboard and XDCMP

Staf Verhaegen staf.verhaegen@imec.be
Wed Mar 17 09:21:00 GMT 2004

Hello,

I'm having problems with getting XDCMP going. I always start de server with
the following command:
% X -clipboard -query host -once -fp fontserv:7000 -fullscreen
(fontserv is used to get the HPUX CDE fonts)
I tried to different platforms: XDCMP session to a HPUX 11.00 machine with the
CDE display manager the clipboard handling is OK. XDCMP session to a Red Hat
7.2 machine with gdm clipboard doesn't work. This is all with the -56 version
of the X server. gdm has the following version:
verhaegs@pc1543:~>rpm -q gdm
gdm-2.2.3.1-20
Attached is the 'cygcheck -c' output, the XWin log from the working session
the HPUX11 and the session to the linux machine with failing clipboard handling.

greets,
Staf.