Clipboard and XDCMP

Staf Verhaegen staf.verhaegen@imec.be
Thu Mar 18 08:33:00 GMT 2004

ryan@htsoft.com wrote:
> Staf,
>
> Can you copy and paste into the gdm login prompt? If so check the killinitclients line in the gdm config file. I have similar issues, and turning off killinitclients is not an option, but I havn't had the time to look into it, so I shan't complain.
>
> Ryan.

I can copy and paste in the login prompt so probably the killinitclients
option is the fault. Maybe an entry for the FAQ ?
Maybe I propose a change for the X server then ? Can't the clipboard handler
be restarted once when it is deleted ? This will let the clipboard function
also for gdm with killinitclients on.

Staf.