Upcoming X.org release and splitting packages

Thomas Dickey dickey@his.com
Thu Mar 18 22:11:00 GMT 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> I have this built as a Cygwin package using the default configure
> options at the moment.  The only patch required was to Makefile.in
> (attached) to get it to stop appending .exe to the uxterm shell script.
>
> Thomas, can you recommend any configure options we should be using?  I
> can think that the following might be useful:
>
> --enable-toolbar

that's broken (some incompatible changes to Xaw from XFree86 4.4 that
I've not gotten around to investigating0.

> --enable-wide-chars

you need this for uxterm

> --with-Xaw3d

Some people like it.  Actually all of the Xaw flavors look very much alike
to me.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net