Show Root Window/Hide Root Window --> [Checked/Unchecked] Show Root Window?

Jack Tanner ihok@hotmail.com
Thu Mar 18 22:59:00 GMT 2004

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> I was just about to remove the tray menu icon's "Show Root Window" and
> "Hide Root Window" items and add a single checked or unchecked item
> called "Show Root Window".  I figured I had better do a sanity check and
> ask if there was a reason that this was not done in the first place... I
> can't remember if I didn't do it this was just because I didn't know the
> right functions to call, or if there was as valid but hidden reason for
> doing this.  Can anyone else recall a reason why this should not be done
> with a check mark next to the menu item?  It is supposed to be supported
> since Windows 95, so compatibility is not an issue.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-06/msg00084.html.

:)

If you're out messing with the tray menu, you might also change "Exit"
to "Close" and add an X (close) icon next to it... (to see what I mean,
right-click on a Windows Explorer menu in the task bar).

-JT