Possible clipboard hang fix in the works

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Mar 25 02:07:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 01:02:28AM -0500, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>
>>Upon a cursory inspection it should be almost trivial to replace the
>>call to XPeekIfEvent with a simple loop that does the same thing but has
>>a timeout value that prevents it from blocking indefinitely.
>

> Why can't you use select()?  select() takes a timeout value.

You did make me think of something.  I was going to do the detection of
pending events and processing of them in two steps before... which would
have been really difficult.  Instead, I am just going to go ahead and
process any X event that comes in before the timeout and stop if I
either reach the timeout or I process the type of event that I am
looking for.

So far it compiles... now comes the acid test.  :)