About box

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Mar 26 16:12:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 10:44:42PM -0500, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>
>>Okay, I did it myself.  We now have an About box that can be opened from
>>the tray icon menu.  The About box contains four buttons that link to
>>our website (x.cygwin.com), our User's Guide on the website, our FAQ on
>>the website, and our ChangeLog that is installed locally with the
>>XFree86-xserv package.
>>
>>I would like to modify this slightly in the future to check if the
>>User's Guide and FAQ have been installed locally (via the cygwin-x-doc
>>package) and to open those local documents instead of going out to the
>>web everytime.
>>
>>The About box is neat, check it out in XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-62 when it
>>hits mirrors soon.
>

> Sounds cool.
>
> Any chance that it could also contain a link to the main cygwin web
> site, too?

Yeah, I think that could be done.

I was also just talking to some people that frequently visit the Cygwin
web site, but had no idea that the Cygwin/X web site even existed.  It
seems that it would be useful to add a short blurb on the main Cygwin
site that says something like "Try Cygwin/X for a full-featured free X
Server for Windows including clipboard integration, desktop integration,
and more".  I don't want to add that right away, but do you see a
problem with my doing so in the near future?