About box

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Mar 26 18:49:00 GMT 2004

Rob Foehl wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Jack Tanner wrote:

[snip]

> I agree with all of these points, some moreso than others..  URLs
> definitely shouldn't be represented as buttons, as it's inconsistent with
> just about every other user interface out there (across multiple
> platforms)..  The about/exit order in the menu is also somewhat
> significant, most applications where an 'exit' option is useful place it
> at the bottom of the tray menu.

URLs: not possible in a dialog, as far as I can tell since this was how
I wanted to do it too.  Buttons were the only way I could do it.

About/Exit order: Like I said, I modeled it after an app written by
Microsoft and I'm not going to change it until people have flammed each
other to death on this one.  I hate nothing more than to have three
releases in a row where I release something as foo, change it to bar,
then change it back to foo because more people complained about it being
bar than foo.