RemoteDesktop/Clipboard Crash Patch

Alexander Gottwald Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed May 5 01:09:00 GMT 2004

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Dan,
>
> I'm including the small fix from winclipboardwndproc.c in the next
> release, but the changes to the debug messages should probably be done
> using the newer logging functions that accept a log level and verb.
> Maybe Alexander could comment on how this should be used.

general rules:
- debugging output: winDebug(format, args...)
- fatal errors (XWin can not continue): FatalError(format, args...)
- critical error messages (XWin can not work properly, eg runs slower
        than normal): winErrorFVerb(1, format, args...)
- non critical error messages (XWin can not enable a specific feature,
        eg hardware cursor): winErrorFVerb(2, format, args...)
- important configuration messages: winErrorFVerb(1, format, args...)
- non important configuration messages: winErrorFVerb(2, format, args)

-logverbose 0 should produce no output except of fatal errors
-logverbose 1 should give only minimal output and only important messages
-logverbose 2 (default) should give runtime information
-logverbose 3...? can give debug messages with differing severity
eg -logverbose 3 may print simple traces
while -logverbose 10 will also dump all windows messages received

bye
    ago
NP: Die Ärzte - Saufen
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723