stacking/tweakui

Earle F. Philhower III earle@ziplabel.com
Wed May 5 01:24:00 GMT 2004

At 10:30 AM 5/4/2004 -0700, Tapas Kanungo wrote:
>I am still facing the same problems that  Brian reported earlier (when you
>click on one xterm to bring it to foreground, the
>window contents does not get refreshed unless you move the cursor out of
>the window and back etc.). For details:
>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2004-03/msg00849.html
>Earle's comments on the web on March 31)said that the fix had been checked
>in. I am not sure if the fix is in the above version,
>which was released on April 27.

Just FYI, there was an email I sent just after that one noting
that I had backed out that change because it wasn't thread safe,
and could cause crashes depending on some race conditions.  The
current state of things AFAIK is that the Xmouse or click-and-move
presently still don't update the X stacking order...

-Earle F. Philhower, III
  earle@ziplabel.com
  cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel
  http://www.cdrlabel.com