BadAtom with latest XWin

ZXPLESPAC001, Ext ext.zxplespac001@astrium.eads.net
Fri May 14 08:27:00 GMT 2004

	Hi,

I have a problem with Xwin. Here are the facts:
- latest cygwin on NT4
- remotely logued with ssh on a Linux RH Enterprise WS3 machine
- launched gvim

Here is the error message (gvim was relaunched with '--sync'):
The program 'gvim' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 304 error_code 5 request_code 20 minor_code 0)

And infos on the server:
Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 6.7.0.0-8

Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command line:

XWin -multiwindow -lesspointer -ac -xkbmodel pc105 -xkblayout fr -xkbvariant
nodeadkeys

	I noticed that when I launch the Xwin server with other
options (XWin -query remote_linux -nodecoration -lesspointer -ac -engine 2
-xkbmodel pc105 -xkblayout fr -xkbvariant nodeadkeys), I haven't the
problem. Using cygwin/gvim locally on the NT machine works fine too.

--
	Eric Lassauge <lassauge AT users.sourceforge.net>