Differnce between Xfree and Xorg

aroushdi aroushdi@hotmail.com
Fri May 14 11:28:00 GMT 2004

Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> On Thu, 13 May 2004, aroushdi wrote:
>

>>>Alexander , thank u for ur quick reply I have used ur technique with and
>>>without -from , -fp  , once and they all fail with unable to bind and no
>>>message in the logfile . I have produced the same errors on winXP and
>>>W2K . same thing . Old version 4.3 and 4.4 works fine no problem . is
>>>there a way to get a more diagnosting log . I suspect that there is a
>>>module locking some file which casses this error . The same error can be
>>>reproduced on V 4.3 & 4.4 if use the same port :X we get the same
>>>message faile to bind .
>>
>>Alex can u reproduce this problem
>

> no. If I start XWin twice with :1 I get
>
> winCheckDisplayNumber - Cygwin/X is already running on display 1
>
> Fatal server error:
> InitOutput - Duplicate invocation on display number: 1.  Exiting.
>
> Can you send the commandline which you used to start the xserver?
> What kind of network cards do you use? Do you have any kind of personal
> firewall or vpn software installed?
>
> bye
> 	ago
Alex thank u for ur concerns ,
I use 2 PC's one IBM Intellistation standard with an INTEL 82556 based
integrated adapter . The other a T40 thinkpad with INTEL PRO/1000 MT
Mobile connected integrated also .

the command line I use in the following sequence from a cygwin shell :
Xwin :01 -query host1 -from myhost -once &
Xwin :02 -query host1 -from myhost -once &
the reult is the same if i opened 2 different cygwin shells or change
the ports .
I have ZoneLab Integrity client installed and all X programs are defined
as trusted as well as our network which is trusted as well .
I have also a ATT dialer 5.5.01 installed but not active ( Xwin kills
the VPN connection after sometime completely random ) so i uses either
but not the 2 in the same time

Hope this will help in resolving my problem .
thks