dysfunctional XWin installation

Allen H. Nugent a.nugent@unsw.edu.au
Tue May 18 08:32:00 GMT 2004

Dear XWinners,

It seems Setup _did_ install the new Xorg after all. But, it still won't
run. After navigating to the top directory, I tried two ways to invoke XWin
and got two bad results:

$startxwin.bat
	==> causes a 'Run.exe' window that says:
		"Error: Couldn't find XWin anywhere.
		I even looked in the PATH
		I also tried the following extensions:
		[1]:
		[2]: .exe
	and another one that says:
		"Error: could not start C:\cygwin\bin\xterm.exe -sl 1000 -sb -rightbar
-ms red -fg yellow -bg black -e /usr/bin/bash -l"

$startxwin.sh
	==> causes an 'Error Starting Program' window that says:
		"A required .DLL file, CYGX11-6.DLL, was not found."

Do I just need to set some parameters, or have I got an incomplete
installation?

Regards,