xorg installation fails, 99% complete only

Bobby McNulty bobbymcn@bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 9 00:22:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 01:04:04PM -0600, Bobby McNulty wrote:
>

>>Alexander Gottwald wrote:

>>>Provide me with useful information and I'll take a look.
>>>
>>>As I've said it was working for me until last week.  I've not received
>>>any useful data which may help tracking this down.
>>>
>>>Maybe you'll find a solution then it's all good.  If not then stop
>>>insulting me or do it better.
>>>
>>>bye ago, enraged
>>>

>>Alex, I think the problem is with setup.  Because when setup gets to
>>the fontserver, where 4 people are complaining so far, it stalls on a
>>readme file.
>>

>It works fine for me.  Just tried it.
>
>You've been reading the cygwin mailing list long enough to know that you
>have not provided the slightest shred of useful data
>
>Bobby, either provide useful information or just shut up.  Telling
>everyone what you are going to do or not going to do and insulting
>people is totally unproductive.
>
>Do me a favor and don't even respond to this email.  Either provide some
>details or just be quiet.  Useful details might be, for example, "ps -ef"
>output.
>
>cgf

OK Chris, here it is. The full report. Complete down to the readme file
that it is hanging at.
Cygwin setup is at 97%
it says install xorg-x11-fscl-6.8.1.0-2
/usr/X11R6/share/doc/Cygwin/xorg-x11-fscl-6.8.1.0.README

its in a contiuous loop, not gettiing past this point.