X Win Error

Gerrit P. Haase gp@familiehaase.de
Wed Nov 10 08:10:00 GMT 2004

siddharth adelkar wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have obtained this error
> _______________________________________________________________________________________________
> adelkar@MAGNETOSPHERE ~

  ^^^^^^^^^ This is your username?

> cat: /home/cygwinuser/.Xauthority: No such file or directory

      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this is your HOME directory?
This is unusual, it does not match, my name is 'gerrit' and my homedir
is /home/gerrit.

When I run startx I see nearly the same output but it continues like this:

winInitClipboard ()
winProcEstablishConnection - winInitClipboard returned.
winInitMultiWindowWM - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened
the display.
winClipboardProc - Hello
DetectUnicodeSupport - Windows NT/2000/XP
winClipboardProc - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
winClipboardProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the
display.
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully
opened the display.
winProcSetSelectionOwner - Clipboard not yet started, aborting.
winProcSetSelectionOwner - Clipboard not yet started, aborting.

After that the server is running and accepting connections.  Does X
actually is running and can you connect, ie. is the xterm opened?

Gerrit
--
=^..^=