xorg installation fails, 99% complete only

bruno patin bruno.patin@wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 10 19:43:00 GMT 2004

Good evening from france,

I bought a new box some days ago and decided to install cygwin. I had
exactly the same install problem than the other people of the list. My
computer is a win xp family edition sp2. I have the administrator rights
and installed using the "just me" and "unix" options. What I saw is that
the process was not blocked but reserved more and more memory (I stopped
at 1Go). when cancelled, setup gave me the message indicated on a post
before. I will try in some mns to install again (a fresh install, I
removed all by hand after my  attempts) without the xorg package in
order to obtain a cygcheck command to give you new informations plus I
will reinstall these xorg packages.

By the way, I do not understand the debate (?). Your work is great,
really. I use cygwin and cygwin-xfree since beta 15. Whatever the
problems, unavoidable on such projects, your accomplishments are totally
extraordinary. For my part, I consider that whatever you ask me to do to
help I have only one choice but to do it.

Thank you again
B.Patin