on winXP sp2, setup loops forever when installing xorg-base

Carlo Florendo list-subscriber@hq.astra.ph
Thu Nov 11 00:27:00 GMT 2004

Carlo Florendo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've tried installing cygwin with X on a Win-XP SP2 box.  However,
> installation stalls at 99% when installing some xorg packages.
>
> Message says:
>
> "Cannot open log file C:\cygwin/var/log/setup.log for writing"
> Yes, the '\' and '/' are as is :)

Ok. As pointed out in previous mails, here's cygcheck.out.   I was able
to get this only since, as I've mentioned earlier, I could get to that
machine only off-line.

HTH.

Best Regards,

Carlo