xorg installation fails, 99% complete only

Carlo Florendo list-subscriber@hq.astra.ph
Thu Nov 11 05:55:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> It seems like you have a lot of XFree86 packages still installed.
> I have a couple of these in my installation but certainly not the
> number that I see above.

Yes.  I did it after installing cygwin minus xorg.   Regarding the
(version) numbers, I don't remember choosing other versions besides the
ones indicated by default  at setup.

> I guess I'm a little confused now as to who's seeing what problem.
> I thought that you needed a clean install to duplicate this but the
> above obviously didn't come from a clean install.

I'll be doing a clean uninstall and reinstall in a short while.

Thank you cygwin people for doing such a great job at cygwin!  I'm
seeing this not as a problem (Really!!!) but another exciting episode of
the wonders of open source software and open-source collaboration.
Thank you!

Cygwin Rocks!

--
Carlo Florendo